FIFA Worldcup 2018 Group D
Argentina vs Croatia
- 7:00 pm Thursday 21st June
- Nizhny Novgorod Stadium
They haven’t won in Worldcup 2018 yet, Argentina must defeat Croatia if they want to make it into the last-16 after they shockingly drew in game one against Iceland.
Argentina vs Croatia Prediction:
Argentina has a very strong team on paper as well as on ground but Croatia is also playing very sensibly and giving tough time to their opponents is very common. If we talk about percentage then Argentia has the greater chance with 66% and Croatia is 34% if we talk about score then Argentina is winning with 2-1 this evening.
Probable Starting-XI (3-4-3): Caballero; Mercado, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Salvio, Mascherano, Perez, Acuna; Pavon, Aguero, Messi
Probable Starting-XI (4-2-3-1) – Subasic; Vrsaljko, Lovren, Vida, Strinic; Rakitic, Brozovic; Perisic, Modric, Rebic; Mandzukic
- Argentina and Croatia have met only once before at the World Cup with the La Albiceleste winning that encounter back in 1998.
- Croatia has lost all four of their meetings at the World Cup against the South American opposition.
- Lionel Messi attempted a World Cup-high 10 shots against Iceland but failed to score.
- Messi has, however, scored in his last two appearances against Croatia.
- Croatia has scored in their last five World Cup games, but have not won back-to-back matches in the tournament since 1998.