When: Tuesday, June 19, 2 p.m. Eastern.
How to watch on TV: Fox.
How to stream online: Fox Sports and the Fox Soccer Match Pass apps and FoxSportsGo.com.
Egypt vs Russia the two strong teams of group A will be facing each other on Tuesday, Russia won their first match with 5-0 against Saudia Arabia on the opening match of Fifa World Cup 2018. On the other hand, Egypt lost their first match against Uruguay with 1-0, but circumstances are different Egypt has to show their potential and want to do something in this tournament to remain in. After 1990 Egypt is in FIFA competition so they want to progress in this Tournament. Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah is expected to be fit for this match and he can play a vital role against Russia.
Russia performed very well in their first match and yes they have home advantage as well but it will be difficult to continue that momentum, Egypt is entirely different opposition as compared to Saudia Arabia. Egypt will be giving tough time to Russia for sure.
Russia (1-0-0, 3 points)
- Last World Cup showing: Group stage, 2002.
- Best finish: Fourth place, 1966.
- Notable: Russia’s first-game explosion gave the hosts the most goals and best goal differential in the tournament.
- FIFA world ranking: 70. ELO world ranking: 40.
Egypt (0-0-1, 0 points)
- Last World Cup showing: Group stage, 1990.
- Best finish: Group stage, 1990 and 1934.
- Notable: Egypt has still never won a World Cup game. It had two draws in 1990.
- FIFA world ranking: 45. ELO world ranking: 54.
Egypt vs Russia Prediction:
If Salah will be playing then I will be giving the edge to Egypt and its 55% Egypt and 45% Russia, although Russia has home advantage as we are seeing the trend of Fifa World Cup 2018 there is more chance for Egypt in this game. If we talk about score prediction then I will go with Egypt 1-0.
Playing Football, discussing and Writing about football since childhood.