As Russia is going to host the biggest football event of the year, FIFA World Cup 2018 in Luzhniki Stadium with 80,000 football fans and a hundred thousand all over the world
With kick off followed by an opening ceremony with around 500 dancers and gymnasts performing for the biggest event. The ceremony will be concluded with a special performance by Robbie Williams with a young Russian artist.
Group A teams Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Uruguay will be playing their first kick-offs today on first match day and the first kick-off is between best Asian football team Saudi Arabia and the Host Russia.
Russia VS Saudi Arabia thou Saudi Arabia is the best Asian Team and the players have potential and the energy. However, Saudi Arabia made its first world cup preparation against Italy.
According to the history of both the teams, Russia has played more games (40) in FIFA than Saudi Arabia (13) and the winning percentage of Russia is 42.5% while Saudi Arab has a low percentage of 15.4%
Russia VS Saudi Arabia
- Last World Cup showing: Group stage, 2014.
- Best finish: As Soviet Union, fourth place in 1966. As Russia, group stage three times.
- Notable: Russia hasn’t finished higher than 18th place in its three World Cup appearances since 1994, winning just two of nine matches over that span.
- FIFA world ranking: 70. ELO world ranking: 45.
- Last World Cup showing: Group stage, 2006.
- Best finish: Round of 16, 1994.
- Notable: In its three World Cup appearances since making the knockout round in its 1994 World Cup debut, Saudi Arabia has failed to win a game and has finished 28th, 32nd, and 28th. The Green Falcons have been outscored, 26-4, over that span.
- FIFA world ranking: 67. ELO world ranking: 63.
For today’s match, the winning probability is higher for Russia, as per its performance in last football events. The chances for Saudi Arabia are 10% while Russia has 68% with an additional advantage of its home ground. The math won’t be too thrilling for I predict it to be a low scoring match and Russia will win with a scorecard of 2-1
When: Thursday, June 14, 11 a.m. Eastern.
How to watch on TV: Fox.
How to stream online: Fox Sports and the Fox Soccer Match Pass apps and FOXSports.com.