Uruguay vs Portugal
2018 World Cup Round of 16
Date: Saturday, 30 June 2018
Kick-Off at 19:00 UK / 20:00 CET
Venue: Olimpiyskiy Stadion Fisht, Sochi.
Uruguay vs Portugal Team News and Line-up for Saturday’s match:
Uruguay Predicted Starting Eleven (4-3-1-2)
Muslera – Caceres, Gimenez (Coates), Godin, Laxalt – Nandez, Torreira, Vecino – Bentancur – Suarez, Cavani.
Portugal Predicted Starting Eleven (4-4-2)
Rui Patricio – Soares, Pepe, Fonte, Guerreiro – Quaresma, Moutinho, Carvalho, Mario – Guedes, Ronaldo.
- Uruguay commanded 67% possession against Iran in the group stage.
- Both teams never faced each other before, this is the first time they were facing each other in Fifa Worldcup.
- Uruguay won all three group stage matches and was on the top of the group.
- The goat Cristiano Ronaldo has netted four of Portugal’s five goals at the Fifa 2018 World Cup Russia.
- After 1930 Uruguay won 4 consecutive matches in World cup.
- Only one time Uruguay was able to advance from the extraordinary group of 16.
- Portugal has better stats in World cup tournaments.
Portugal is the well-balanced team as compared to Uruguay they have faced tough opponents in the group stage, on the other hand, Uruguay has faced average teams but unable to play extra ordinary against them although they won all three matches in the group stage. The performance of Portugal in tournaments is far better than Uruguay. Both teams contain quality players but Uruguay previous record and performance is not that much power to beat Portugal easily. They have to play smartly against them.
Uruguay vs Portugal Prediction:
Portugal is a strong team on the paper as well as on the field as compared to Uruguay. Uruguay has potential to give them tough time but I am not seeing them winning this important contest. Portugal is on 53% and Uruguay is at 47% at favorite scale. If we talk about score prediction then I am seeing Portugal scoring 2 goals and Uruguay 1 goal so my score prediction is 2-1.